Information we collect and how we collect it
- Personal details we collect consist of information which is consciously provided by you via the registration survey (e.g. name, age, address, email address, telephone number etc.).
- The open discussion forums are monitored and any opinions or discussions may be used to aid research.
- To prevent you from re-entering information on the site, data can sometimes be recorded locally on your computer via cookies. If you wish to counteract this automatic saving of personal information, settings can be changed via your internet browsers’ settings (this can occasionally be under your browser’s ‘help’ facility).
What we do with your information?
- The information we collect from you will be used solely for research purposes to help our clients provide better services and products for both the UK and overseas, which includes measuring the delivery of advertising.
- The information we collect we only be shared with select ‘third parties’ such as the client or stakeholders.
- Any personal information collected will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- By signing up to take part in a survey/panel you consent to us holding, storing, processing and using the information you submit for market research purposes only. If the original purpose for which your data is being processed changes or a new purpose requiring your information arises, you will be informed and new consent will be sought.
- We will retain your personal information within our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
- In some circumstances, we may legally be required to retain your personal information, for example for finance, employment or audit purposes. We will not retain your personal information if it is no longer required.
- We maintain physical, technical, administrative, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized collection, access, storage, modification or disclosure.
What are your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation it is in your rights to:
- Request for your personal information to be erased where it is no longer necessary for Giraffe Insights to retain it
- Request to withdraw consent to the processing at any time
- Request a restriction on further processing where there is a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of personal data
- Request a copy of any personal information we hold about you at any point during the course of your panel membership. If you would like to receive a copy of this information please notify us by emailing email@example.com. You will be asked to provide your full name and full address (to identify you). The initial copy will be provided within 30 days and free of charge; however for any additional copies, a payment of £10 (to cover administration costs) will be required.
- Please contact us if you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).